Sunday, May 24, 2009

I worked on a synopsis of the entire trip today. I only briefly covered the trip, but here is a list of the trip.

4-14 I left Colorado and rode to Farmington, NM very cold.
4-15 I rode from Farmington, NM to Phoenix, AZ very windy.
4-16 Helped my friend Les clean up his back yard and had barbeque.
4-17 Ran errands with Les, went to Sears, Walmart and Kawasaki.
4-18 Helped Les clean out his garage. Grilled dinner and then went to a party.
4-19 I took the bike over to French’s and changed the oil. Went to BJ’s with Les.
4-20 Went to Tucson, AZ and Saguaro NP. Ended at Silver City, NM.
4-21 From Silver City, NM rode around the VLA telescope to Carlsbad, NM.
4-22 Went through Carlsbad Caverns and then rode down to Guadalupe NP.
4-23 From Guadalupe NP I rode to Big Bend NP and camped at Rio Grande campground.
4-24 From Big Bend NP I rode to Dell Rio, TX and stayed at Lonesome Dove RV Park.
4-25 I rode to Boca Chica, TX and then up to Corpus Christi, TX. Very Windy.
4-26 I took a tour on the USS Lexington and then rode to Johnson Bayou, LA.
4-27 Stopped in Breaux Bridge for lunch and then on to Baton Rouge, LA.
4-28 Baton Rouge through Biloxi, MS then onto Marion, AL.
4-29 Rode to Barber Motorsports and then stayed at a RV Park close by.
4-30 From the RV Park, I rode to Deona’s work to meet her and then to her house.
5-01 Helped Deona move and then had a great dinner with her and Bill.
5-02 Deona and I went to Stone Mountain and then to Peach State Orchids.
5-03 I changed to oil in the bike and some work on the GPS.
5-04 Hung out and read a book that Deona had lent me.
5-05 Took the tire to Endless cycle and celebrated Cinco de Mayo with Bill and Deona.
5-06 Rode through Atlanta, GA and then down to Pensacola, FL.
5-07 I followed the coastline through Panama City, FL and stopped in Perry, FL.
5-08 Rode all the way down to Naples, FL.
5-09 Rode through the Everglades NP and then down to Key West, FL.
5-10 Rode from the Keys through Miami, FL and on up the coast to Hobe Sound, FL.
5-11 Rode to my uncle Robins in St Marys, GA.
5-12 Spent the day with Uncle Robin and then we went to dinner with Aunt Annette.
5-13 I headed north following the coast and stayed in Newport, NC.
5-14 I rode to Cedar Island, took the ferry to Cape Hatteras and then Chesapeake, VA.
5-15 From Chesapeake, VA I rode to my good friend Ernie’s in Clearfield, PA.
5-16 Isaac helped me get oil and a filter for the bike and I changed the oil.
5-17 Spent the day hanging out with Ernie and his family just watching movies.
5-18 Left early in the cold, rode through Shenandoah NP. Stayed in Waynesboro, VA.
5-19 Rode on the Blue Ridge Parkway all day. Stayed in Boone, NC.
5-20 Rode the BRP, the Great Smoky Mountains NP and Deals Gap to Murphy, NC.
5-21 Rode through Memphis, TN and then through Arkansas to Sallisaw, OK.
5-22 Rode back home to Centennial, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment