Wednesday, May 6, 2009

2009 May 6th: The long awaited departure was today. Not that I didn’t enjoy being at my good friend Deona’s this whole time, I did. It is just that I felt like I should be on the road and doing my thing. Thank You Bill and Deona for being such great hosts and putting up with me.
This morning when I left Deona’s the skies were dark and grey. It looked like I might be in for a wet day. The further South I headed the better the skies got. I had a dry day all day.
The GPS led me right downtown Atlanta, GA this morning so I did get to see it even if the clouds covered most of the buildings. The GPS was making me very mad today. For some unknown reason (programming flaw) when I was on the interstate, it would tell me to exit and then tell me to get back on again. It caught me the first time but every time after that, I caught it. This must have happened like 8 or 9 times. The other thing is I can’t hear the commands anymore and drove past my turn several times. It also said that I was “off route” and it was showing the road that I was supposed to be on, but that road didn’t exist. An invisible road. I was thinking that some how it thought that I was flying a plane. When I got into Pensacola, FL, the GPS told me to take an exit that didn’t exist. I think that was due to construction changes, but it was hard to get to the road that it wanted me to take. Well, all things considered, I still got to where I wanted to go. It just took a little more effort.
The bike has been running like a champ and I’m getting over 200 miles per tank and using right at 4 gallons. Not too bad considering the load I’m carrying.
When I got to the campground, the lady at the desk told me where I should go to eat, only because I asked. She suggested this little place called The Crazy Horse Café. I had some fish with vegetables and a piece of cake. It was all very good and very reasonably priced.
When I got back from having dinner, I went up to the pool and sat in the hot tub for awhile. I jumped into the pool to cool off and to my surprise, it was salt water. There were some other people swimming and they said that is normal for this area. I’d never heard of it except on the cruise ship we were on. That only made sense because they got the water from the ocean.
I took a walk around the campground after the pool thing mainly so that my swimsuit would dry out. This park has bayside cabins, a dock and some beach. It was good long walk.
I went back to the tent and started to get ready for bed and do the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment