Monday, May 11, 2009

2009 May 11th: I had a tough night last night as I couldn’t seem to get my mind to shut down and go to sleep. I remember seeing 3am on my watch and I was still wide awake. I know that I woke up around 5:30am and went back to sleep. At 7am a garbage truck came through the RV Park and that was the end of my rest. I got up and started to get things packed up.
I had a simple day planned; go up the coast for a ways and then head inland to go visit the great people at SpoiledBiker.com. They helped me with the StarCom1 communication system that I installed on the bike. Once I got there though, the place was closed and no one was there. I started to go north towards my uncle’s Robin’s place just past the Georgia border.
I had to ride through parts of Orlando, FL that I remember going to when I was there 3 years ago.
I got on the freeway and headed toward Daytona Beach, FL. Just past Daytona Beach I stopped at a fruit stand to have some fruit for lunch. The people at the stand would not sell me just a single orange or grapefruit, only bags full. I had no room to carry any more so they lost a sale.
I noticed while I was there that it was getting close to the shuttle launch time. I stood outside of the store with the camera ready, but the cloud cover was too thick for me to see anything. At five minutes after, somebody said that it is long gone and it must have been behind the clouds. So as much as I tried the weather made it too difficult for me to see anyway.
I got back on the freeway and before long I was at my Uncle Robin’s house. I was a little early, but they were expecting me. I got cleaned up and then got the networking thing going so that later, when I would need it, it would already be done.
We had a great meal for dinner and then Robin wanted to show me around the town a little. We drove around and he showed me the downtown area of this small community and then we went over to his son Mike’s house. They just finished building this place and it was very well done.
When we got back to Robin’s house, I showed them some of the pictures that I had been taking from my trip. We talked about a lot of things and had good conversation. I have never really had a chance to get to know my uncle or my cousin, and this has been nice.
I forgot to mention in yesterday’s blog entry that I saw several more Bentleys while I was in the Miami area and a Porsche Carrera GT. A very rare car indeed.
Tomorrow is a day of rest and I will try again to figure out what may be wrong with the StarCom1.

No comments:

Post a Comment