Saturday, May 16, 2009

2009 May 16th: I woke up really late today, but I guess that it was OK because nobody else was up either. Ernie had some business to take care of so Isaac and I did some errands.
We went to a Kawasaki dealer and picked up an oil filter for the bike and then we went over to Walmart and bought some oil. Isaac had another errand to run so he dropped me off back at the house and then took off. Ernie was back from his business, so I got started changing the oil on the bike.
I got the oil changed and then cleaned the air filter and tightened the chain. I also lubed the chain up once more until it was real wet. The chain has been making me real nervous, but I probably don’t have anything to worry about.
I really didn’t do a whole lot today, just kind of took it easy and tinkered with the bike.
After Isaac got back, he worked on his KTM for a bit. He was trying to get it started. Once it lit off he took it for a ride down the street. We were just beginning to wonder where he had gone for such a long time when we saw him pushing the bike back. It had died down the street and he couldn’t get it started again. He was pretty well spent, so he parked the bike and we all went inside.
A little bit later, Isaac and I jumped in the truck and went to get some food for everyone. We went to this convenience store that served barbeque. Since Ernie and his family are all from Texas, I thought that it was fitting that we would have some barbeque one night. The food was very good.
We got settled in for the night. Ernie had asked me if there were any movies tat I might want to watch. I told him the only one that I saw in his collection was, Marley and Me. This movie turned out to be very good.
It was getting late so we all headed to bed after the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment