Thursday, May 21, 2009

2009 May 21st: I got a good start this morning. I was up early and got ready fast and I stopped for breakfast at McDonalds. I know not the best breakfast but it was quick. I was on the road by 7:45am.
I rode through many states today. I started out in North Carolina, then into Tennessee. I wasn’t in Tennessee too long before I was in Georgia again. Then came Alabama and back into Tennessee for awhile. A quick hop across the river and I was in Arkansas. I rode clear across Arkansas and into Oklahoma where I have stopped for the night. It was a good long ride today.
I had put Graceland on my route, but when I got there it was a circus and not something I was going to spend the time necessary to see. It looked like the kind of thing that would take up most of a day. I just kept going.
When I was in Tuscumbia, AL, getting gas, I was approached by this gentleman who was asking me a bunch of questions. He took hold of my hand and said that he wanted to pray for me to have a safe journey home and for me and my family’s good health. I was humbled by this man as he took it upon himself to have a prayer session right there on the spot. As it turns out this man was a local pastor by the name of Ricarldo Linsey. Gas stations can be interesting places. Thank You, Pastor Rick.
I hardly stopped today and when I did it was with purpose. My last stop was in Sallisaw, OK, where I found a nice place to stay. Sheila at the front desk helped me out and pointed me towards a good place to eat. Thank You, Sheila.
Not much to say about today, I just spent most of the time riding and a lot of it was on the interstate going fast. That is how I covered so much area.
I don’t know how things will go tomorrow; the weather may get ugly and that may slow down my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment