Sunday, April 12, 2009

2009 April 12th: I have setup and started this blog at the request of a friend. I have been preparing for a trip on a small motorcycle, a 2003 Kawasaki Ninja EX250. This was not by choice as I would have preferred a larger more powerful bike to take across the country. This bike was pulled out of storage recently and needed new tires and some other minor stuff. I ordered up some new tires and installed the GPS (Zumo 550) system off an older bike that is no longer with me. I also installed the StarCom system from my other bike and got everything working, lets hope that the alternator can take the power draw. The StarCom makes it so I can listen to the GPS and allows me to take phone calls if I need to, I also have my iPod connected so I have the music or books to listen to. I have been preparing for this trip for a long time and it finally looks like I will be able to go. More on this whole thing later.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool!! I am glad that you finally did this. Once you get your phone set up it is very easy!!

    ReplyDelete