Saturday, July 3, 2010

2010 July 1st:
Mark:
I woke up really early and couldn’t go back to sleep, but I stayed in bed anyway. When I heard others up I got up and went downstairs. My Uncle Dale was here and Elizabeth made some breakfast for us all. We ate our pancakes and then Elizabeth took a friend to the airport and when she got back, Dale took Niko around and showed us some of the sites around town.
We first went to the Carson Mansion and saw the beautiful architecture of that building. We then drove through Sequoia Park and drove through this huge grove of Redwoods and Sequoia trees. We picked up an oil filter for Niko’s bike and then grabbed some oil. We made a couple of other stops for other things and then we went back to Elizabeth’s place.
Niko and I started to take care of doing the oil change on his bike. Once the oil was changed we cleaned up and I lubed up the chains real good on both bikes. Niko was playing games with the girls and he brought out the rabbit for awhile.
The weather today was so clear and beautiful outside that we all just hung around out in the yard.
When Matt came home, we had the opportunity to talk to him for quite awhile and then we all went to dinner. After dinner we went into old town Eureka and listen to the last few songs that a live band was playing. There were people dancing and having a lot of fun listening to the great music.
We went back to Elizabeth and Matt’s place and talked for several hours. I showed Dale a bunch of pictures of Kathy and then everybody retired for the evening. It was a wonderful day and we couldn’t ask for nicer weather. Thank you for such a blessed day.

Niko:
I woke and we went downstairs to have multi berry pancakes that Elizabeth made. We immediately went out to get oil and a filter, and run a few other errands. We got back and I changed my oil and filter and settled down in the yard.
I took Kayla and Hannah’s bunny out of its cage and kept it from running away and allowed the girls to pet it. I also taught them a few cool tricks I loved when I was their age. After a while we went to have seafood at a restaurant downtown, then we listened to music played by a live band.
We went back to the house and relaxed, talking about whatever came up, then we all decided it was late. So now I must say goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment