Wednesday, July 14, 2010

2010 July 14th:
Mark:
This morning I woke up really early. I think that it was because of the other patrons of the hotel and the fact that my room was right next to the elevator. I got up anyway and made my way down to the breakfast room. I ate my fill of eggs and some hash browns, some fruit and apple juice. I went back to my room and packed up everything and took it out to the bike.
Once all was loaded, I left and jumped right onto the Interstate 70 east, bound for home. I stopped for gas about 30 minutes later because a sign said “110 miles to the next services”. That would have put me well over the limit of what fuel I had left. All gassed up and ready to go, I didn’t stop again until I needed fuel, at which point I was in Colorado.
Once again, I just gassed up and hit the road again. I had to stop one more time for fuel in Idaho Springs Colorado and then it was home.
When I made it home I cleaned up with a shower and then spent over an hour going through a huge stack of mail. Most of it was junk but I did have a few things to make calls on for Katherine. I grabbed a bite to eat, and then got the truck ready for the long ride back to where I had just come from.
I would like to say that of all the Interstates that I have travelled, the first 500 miles of Interstate 70 has got to be the most scenic of them all. With Utah being one of the most scenic areas in the US and then going straight into Colorado and the Rocky Mountains, this is a very pleasant Interstate to have to ride on.
It was a long ride today with 492 miles achieved. It started out cool with temperatures around 65°F when I left Richfield Utah, but ended up rather warm with 97°F being the temperature when I got home.
When I spoke to Niko, he was in good spirits and was looking forward to coming home. I told him that I would be there late in the day tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to this long day of driving tomorrow but it has to be done. I’m guessing around 11 hour’s maybe a little more. My old truck just doesn’t get after it like a bike does.
Well, that’s about it for today, I will update things tomorrow. Thank You and Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment