Thursday, July 15, 2010

2010 July 15th:
Mark:
I went to bed late last night and I woke up well before the alarm went off and I got up and got ready to leave. I had already loaded up the truck the night before so all I needed to do was grab something to eat and take off.
Just before I left I had this weird feeling that I was forgetting something and so I just stood in the garage and I let all of the things just go through my mind. A moment later it dawned on me that I didn’t have the key to Niko’s bike. I knew where it was so I grabbed it and then I left. If I had forgotten that item, it would have been very difficult to load up his bike in the truck.
I was on the road by 5:30am with very light traffic. I stopped in Idaho Springs, Colorado and picked up a decaf coffee. This was just enough stimuli to keep me awake. I had to stop for fuel in Glenwood Springs, Colorado then Green River, Utah and Cedar City, Utah. I turned off and went to the park to get the bike and to talk to the rangers about getting a copy of the incident report.
After talking to several people, I was able to get to a pair of Park rangers that were officers. They were able to get me a request form to send in as the incident report was not completed and unavailable at this time. We will do this when we get home.
These officers were very kind and also helped me load up the bike. I tied it down really well and then drove off on my way to Evie’s place to pick up Niko. The drive took me another hour and then I loaded all of Niko’s stuff into the truck. We both said our goodbyes and we drove off headed for home. Thank you, Evie for everything.
We stopped in Richfield, Utah and found a place to stay. I drove 879 miles today with two half hour breaks, one at the park and one at Evie’s. I’m very tired and I need to get some sleep. Thank you all for your concerns and for reading. Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment