Friday, July 16, 2010

2010 July 16th:
Mark:
Niko and I both slept very good last night and woke up feeling good and ready to face the day. We went down to the breakfast room and had some breakfast. It was a good breakfast with many choices. Once we were finished with breakfast we went back to the room to pack up and get ready to leave.
We loaded up the truck and left. We got on the Interstate 70 and headed east toward Denver. The GPS told us that it would take us 7½ hours to get there. Both of us were in good spirits and we were joking and laughing about many different parts of our journey together. We discussed many different things that we had seen along the way and at the time were unable to talk about. We can’t communicate while we are riding. We had a beautiful drive and both of us were in awe of the sites we saw on our way home.
We stopped only for fuel and restroom breaks. The truck was having some difficulty with the extra load and the steep mountain passes, but we arrived safely at home.
My neighbors, Mike and Hillary, arrive at home shortly after we did, and assisted in unloading the motorcycle from the truck. Thank you, guys. I parked the bike and unloaded the truck and started to put things away. Niko’s friend arrived shortly afterward and then Niko and I went to get something for dinner.
When we got back home, Niko went downstairs and joined his friends in playing games. He told me that he would spend some time putting up all of my posts on the website and work on his side of the story for the last few days tomorrow.
Despite the injury to Niko’s foot, we had a wonderful journey and I think that we discovered a lot about each other. We saw a lot of this beautiful country and learned a lot about it as well. I can’t express it enough about how blessed I feel to live here in Colorado, as every time I leave my house I’m blessed with a most beautiful view of the mountains and tonight just as the sun was setting behind the mountains I was reminded again of my blessings. I’m thankful for our safe return from this wonderful and memorable experience with my son. I know that I will always cherish this time we spent together.
I have much business to attend to during the next few days, but as soon as possible I will return to my travels and finish what we started. I want to say a special thanks to Evie and her family for taking such good care of Niko while he was there. I also want to thank everyone else for helping us during our journey together. You all made it very special. We met many nice people along the way and many of them made our experience a very enjoyable one. Thank you everyone! Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment